Basse’s Taste of Country happily invites you and your family to join us for u-pick strawberries! Estimated to start in mid-June and ends around 4th of July. We begin our season with u-pick strawberries. Nothing marks the real beginning of summer like big, red, luscious, and sweet strawberries! Come enjoy a hayride with your family to pick your own fresh strawberries this summer!
We have 120,000 strawberry plants that burst every season and in 2018 Basse’s will plant 40,000 new strawberry plants for production in 2019. Stop in to pick your own delicious fresh strawberries right from the fields. Don’t forget to stop by our country store for all pre-picked strawberries, peas, and rhubarb while supplies last! Also check out our homemade strawberry donuts, pies, breads and our yummy strawberry sundaes while supplies last.
Our pea season also begins mid-June and usually starts about a week or two after the strawberries are ripened. We offer pre-picked sugar, garden and snow peas while supplies last.
Hotline and Hours
U-pick strawberry and pre-picked pea hotline (Begins June 1st)
U-pick seasons are approximate.
Please call u-pick hotline, join our email list or see “latest news” on the home page to confirm crop status before coming out to the farm
U-pick strawberry hours:
- 8a.m.-5p.m. (weather permitting) daily until season ends (extended hours on Wednesdays 8am – 7pm)
- NEW! Special extended picking hours: Wednesdays ONLY 8am – 7pm!
- 4:30p.m. last hayride to strawberry fields (Wednesdays last hayride to field at 6:30pm)
Main Store hours:
- 9a.m.-5p.m. daily until season ends
- NEW! Extended Store hours on Wednesdays ONLY: 9am – 7pm
(Store will close if u-pick strawberries close due to inclement weather)
Strawberry Fest Treats and Sweets:
- Strawberry Donuts (Available June 15th – 29th from 9am – 11am ONLY. While supplies last.)
- Fresh Lemonade in Lemonade Wagon (Open Wed – Sun Daily. Hours are 10am – 4:30pm)
- Soft serve ice cream and slushies (available in main store daily 9am-5pm)