Fall School Tours
School tours are available for schools, large groups, and corporations who want to visit Basse’s in the fall throughout the month of October and will be available by online reservation only. Please call (262) 628-2626 between the hours of 1:00pm and 5:00pm Monday-Friday for additional assistance if needed.
Plan a School Field Trip
Bring your class pumpkin picking! A fun and educational outing for elementary school children. Throughout the month of October, Basse’s will be opening its fields to local schools so elementary school children can have the opportunity to see firsthand how a working farm operates. There are many great activities planned! Upon your arrival at the farm, a member of our helpful staff will meet your bus and welcome you to the farm. They’ll get you started on your way and then the fun and learning begin!
All school groups will enjoy a new animated educational presentation that is based on Wisconsin academic standards, which explains how pumpkins grow on the farm. Also students will learn how animals, trees, plants prepare for winter. You and your students will enjoy a hayride through the fields to the pumpkin patch. Each child can pick a pumpkin and will receive a post card of the maze to take home. The Corn Maze is tons of Fun! Kids will also enjoy a petting area featuring goats.
Field trips are on the hour and scheduled Monday-Friday 9:00am – 1:00pm.
Price is $7 per student/chaperone.
Basse’s Taste of Country presents guided, interactive nature field trips for Kindergarten through 4th grade based on Wisconsin Academic Standards for Science. Basse’s is conveniently located minutes from Milwaukee and surrounding suburbs in Menomonee Falls. No long bus rides! Our Country setting is sure to make this a hands-on experience for all students.
Guidelines and Restrictions
- Required: School Tour Groups must be 20+ (total number of children+adults attending). Basse’s will charge for 20 attendees regardless if a group does not meet the minimum of 20 attending.
- One Teacher per class is free.
- One Chaperone per every 10 students is REQUIRED.
- Non-walkers are free (excludes pumpkin/gourd).
- $50.00 non refundable deposit is required but credited towards remaining balance at time of tour.
- Remaining balance MUST be paid in full before tour can begin. Please pay remaining balance at main store.
- An exact count of students & chaperones MUST be known upon arrival. No rain dates. If rain occurs corn maze will be closed, and an alternative activity will be substituted.
- Modifications will be made if tour groups arrive late to keep within given time limits.
Reservations are made online! Please Click Below
After clicking the button below you will be taken to a new page, please click the about tab for additional information regarding making an online reservation.